Gone are the days’ verification of PayPal Credit card was difficult to verify, although, some still find it difficult to activate.
In this article, will be teaching you how you can successfully open a PayPal account and verify it in two days.
In Nigeria, Nigerians were blocked from accessing PayPal account due to the high rate of an illegal transaction, but late 2016, PayPal unblocked Nigeria, giving Nigerians the opportunities to transact business online successfully with easy.
However, the big question still arises, the questions are, ‘How can I open a PayPal account and verify my Credit Card?’
Today, I will be teaching you how you can successfully open a PayPal account and verify it in two days.
To register and verify your PayPal account, follow this procedure promptly.
Step 1: Register for PayPal account
Visit PayPal account or click here to register for PayPal account.
Fill the required field, that is, Country, First name, Last Name, Email Address, Create Password. Then, click next to input your residential address, Postal code, City, Province/Region, Date of Birth, and Mobile Number.
To easy your verification, ensure you input genuine information about yourself. Your information must tally with the same information you tendered in your local bank.
Step 2: Confirm email verification
After successful registration, you will be sent an email. Go to your mailbox to confirm the ownership of the account you registered.
Step 3: Login to your PayPal account and add a credit card
When you confirm the mail sent to you, you will be congratulated.
Go to your PayPal site and log in to your account. You should see by default on the right side below the summary menu, ‘Add a card’ or Click on ‘Wallet’ menu and click on ‘Link a card’
Click on add a card. Fill the required, that is;
- Card type: Master card, Visa, etc.
- Card Number: 16-digit number above your name on the front card
- Expiration MM/YY: The four-digit number below the 16-digit numbers, usually separated by a stroke or slant line in between to indicate Month/Year
- CSC (3 Digits): This can be found at the back of your card.
- Billing Address: It means your residential address.
Finally, click on save.
Step 4: Verify your credit card
What next is the verification of your credit card? At this stage of verification, PayPal will deduct $1.50 (N 741.53) from your local bank account through the Credit card you added to your PayPal account.
Why the deduction?
Calm down, the money deducted from your account is to prove that you own the card. After the deduction, the transaction ID is usually in this form PP*1245CODE (Please note that this is a sample, not the real code that will be sent to you). After verifying your card, the money deducted will be deposited to your local bank account.
Where do I find my verification code?
The answer to this questions on different sites sometimes seems too difficult to find.
To find your PayPal code. Check the bank statement sent to you detailing the transaction that has occurred on your local bank account. The statement could be SMS or mail and if you did not receive any of this notification, go to your bank and request for your statement of account
The code looks like this PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE.
Please allow 2 to 3 business days for the PayPal code to appear on your online card statement. If you do not have online access to your statement, you’ll need to wait for your statement in the mail.
- If you do not act to confirm your card by entering int he 4-digit code (or your card cannot be confirmed), the charge will be refunded 75 (60 days in Brazil) days from the date of the charge. Based on certain jurisdictions (such as Brazil), the credit may not actually post your card for up to 30 additional days.
- If you remove your card or close your account during the time frames above, the return of the credit may not process. In these instances, you may need to contact PayPal Customer Service to have the charge refunded.
I know my code. What next?
To enter the 4-digit PayPal code to confirm your card there should be a notification on your home page. Otherwise:
- Log in to your account and click Wallet.
- Click the card you’re confirming.
- Enter the 4-digit PayPal code and submit.
By now, you should see a green background text “READY TO USE”
Use the comment box to know if this method works for you. And if it does not, don’t hesitate to send me a message using the comment box.