SAVAGE WOLVES VS TRUE SHEPHERDS -WHAT ARE THE SIGNS OF EACH?
Very serious warning! Predators in the pulpit!!
A. Acts 20:28 ‘Take heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers , to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this , that after my departing shall “grievous wolves” enter in among you , not sparing the flock.
Savage wolves !!! They are dangerous and full of love for self but they fleece and abuse the sheep for their own gain .They will deceive you and lead you away from the teachings of Christ and the Apostles !
1. Influenced by selfish ambition !
2. Influenced by the love of power and popularity !
3. Influenced by the love of money !
4. Teaching error in the ‘name of Truth.’
5. Tolerating immoral lifestyles !
Acts 20:30-31″ Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.’ Therefore watch ,and remember ,that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.”
NOTICE THIS: Paul saw the need to warn the flock of God !
We must be serious students of the scripture and exercise discernment ! The Church must be feed the diet of the healthy Word of God .The words for ‘sound doctrine’ means ‘healthy teaching .’Minister must preach the Word and also Guard the faith so false teachings will not infiltrate God’s flock. Brother David Cooke.
B. Ten Signs Of A True Shepherd !
Tavares Robinson has said,’True Shepherds will never add to or take away from the Word of God. He does not water it down to make it more palatable , or change it to suit his hearers to win a popularity contest. He does not worry whether people are offended. To pump up attendance and increase the coffers ,many pastors preach a broad way gospel, but the faithful shepherd will lead them in the narrow way to avoid doing what is popular, no matter how tempting that may be.’
1. True Shepherds always point people to Christ, never to themselves.
2. True Shepherds fear the Lord in the sense that they hold deep reverence for Him. They know that any effort to lead the sheep astray will bring judgment. Because they take seriously their responsibility, they make certain that his people are properly instructed.
3. True Shepherds understand that the people sitting under their teaching do not belong to them,but to God.
4. True Shepherds always encourage their people to study the Word for themselves, rather than taking their word for it.
5. True Shepherds always make it their goal to promote the character of Christ instead of exalting their own gifts .
6. True Shepherds never force anyone to serve in the church , but they will allow God to call believers into service in his own time.
7. True Shepherds do not focus on being served because they understand that their calling is to serve.
8. True Shepherds are not egocentric .They recognize that their calling is not about them, or about their opinions, but about serving the Lord and exalting Him in all they say and do.’
9. True Shepherds do not show partiality of favoritism.
10. True Shepherds feed the flock a steady diet of sound doctrine. They are responsible teachers who lead the sheep into good pasture and watch over them as they eat at their own pace.’
By Tavares Robinson’s book ‘Shepherds, Hirelings and Dictators.
‘PS – This book is an excellent read. You can order it on amazon.co Do not be lead astray by wolves in sheep’s clothing.
(Share post as the Lord leads you)
Brother David Cooke